Jona Weinhofen is expecting an eventful third Download appearance (second with BMTH)

Bring Me The Horizon guitarist Jona Weinhofen is expecting an eventful third Download appearance (second with BMTH) today!

“When I played Download with Horizon two years ago it was my first peek into the band as I’d only been with them for a week or two,” he remembers. “The crowd definitely had pockets of people who were only there to flip us off, I had jars of open mustard and a few one litre bottles of milk thrown at me that year.”

Food also played a role in his 2008 Download experience with Bleeding Through.

“I remember flying in from Australia that year, getting picked up from the airport by the bus and going straight to site the day before the festival started,” he adds. “Everyone was hungry but none of the catering areas or stands were open, we were miles from any stores and there was nothing to eat on the bus. All the members of Bleeding Through and Throwdown were sat at the back lounge and we had to empty our backpacks to pool whatever food we had so that everyone could eat something that night. We ended up with a waffle, a couple of health bars and a packet of chips, that got divided 12 ways! I started my first Download very, very hungry.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Custom Search

Popular Posts

Labels

Follow this site

Archives